Alignment-based Yoga Teacher Training with Nicole Agostino, RYT-500
This 200-hr Yoga Alliance certified program is designed for you to immerse yourself fully in the study of yoga. Whether you are entering 100 hours of Immersion study or the full 200 hours including Teaching Skills, you will learn more about your personal practice, yourself, and your body. You will also learn the history and philosophy of yoga, as well as the science of Ayurveda.
Immersion is open as a separate segment to anyone wishing to learn more about yoga and dive into their personal practice, without the teaching-specific portion. During this time, we delve into the lineage behind modern yoga, alignment and personal practice, the subtle bodies, the science of Ayurveda, and more.
By the end of Immersion, you will understand:
- Alignment for individual poses as well as pose families
- Basic kinesiology, in specific relationship to yoga asana (poses)
- How, why, and when to use the bandhas (locks) to improve pose structure and energetic balance
- The history and lineage of modern postural yoga
- The kosas, the yamas and niyamas, and the nadis
- The purpose and intention of various pranayama (breathing) practices
- The foundation of Ayurveda
The Teaching Skills portion is open to those who have completed Immersion and have at least 1 year of dedicated yoga practice. We will examine sequencing, assisting, teaching tactics, the business of yoga, and more. This section includes practice teaching and feedback as you develop your skills.
By the end of the Teaching Skills, you will know how to:
- Sequence and teach a well-rounded, dynamic yoga class
- Cue and demonstrate purposefully and effectively
- Teach four different pranayama practices
- Use professional and effective physical adjustments to improve your students’ poses
- Offer modifications for pregnancy, injury, and level
- Attend 100% of training hours*
- Complete all required reading and written homework
- Completion of a final packet, including three papers and a written sequence
- Pass final written exam and successfully teach a yoga class
*Built-in make up day: Saturday, August 11, 11:00-5:00
*Make up day cost: $150
*Any additional make up time is done privately at $50/hr
$500 non-refundable deposit required to hold your spot
Super early bird special: $2250 paid in full by December 31
Early bird rate: $2350 paid in full by March 1
Standard tuition: $2500 due in full by May 9
Immersion only: $1550 due in full by May 9
Teaching Skills only: $1550 due in full by July 3
An extra charge of 4% will be added to credit card transactions.
Tuition does not include the cost of required texts (approximately $75 cost)
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali translated by Swami Satchidananda
Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
Light on Life by B.K.S. Iyengar
The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice by T.K.V. Desikachar
The Yamas & Niyamas: Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practice by Deborah Adele
The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies by Vasant Lad
Yogafly Studio owner and teacher trainer Nicole Agostino first came to yoga as a complement to her life as a musician. Nicole immediately fell in love with the practice, and it only took a few months for the study of yoga to become the primary focus of her life’s work. She has trained extensively in alignment-based vinyasa and hatha yoga, and is experienced in leading trainings and workshops in addition to her studio teaching. Nicole has years of study under California-based yoga teacher Peach Friedman, and has also received additional training and mentorship from Gina Minyard of Yoga Collective in Atlanta, GA, and somatic psychotherapist Livia Cohen-Shapiro, of Boulder, CO.
View on MindBodyOnline